Thermo Fisher Scientific Field Applications Engineer in Santa Barbara, California
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
The EFA Santa Barbara group designs and manufactures Atomic Force nanoProbers (AFP) for failure analysis and yield analysis groups in the semiconductor industry. AFPs are used to perform non-destructive, high resolution imaging and nanoprobing measurements to detect subtle defects on today’s most advanced integrated circuits.
How will you make an impact?
You will be supporting the sales effort by operating the company’s AFP products both in the factory and in the field. This is a highly technical and hands-on position that works closely with the product development team, manufacturing operations, and customers.
What will you do?
• Factory system testing to verify functionality and performance
• System installation, acceptance, and customer training
• Customer demonstrations
• Application development
• Regular customer communication to resolve application and/or tool issue, provide training, understand tool use cases
• Feedback customer requirements to our product development team
• Work with Product Development to validate new product performance prior to release
• Compose application notes and technical papers
How will you get here?
BS, MS, or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related field
• Solid understanding of semiconductor physics, transistor operation, and electronic circuit analysis.
• Experience operating, servicing, and troubleshooting advanced instrumentation
• Proven ability to interact with cross-functional and cross-cultural teams
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally (up to 35%); easily obtain a travel visa for Taiwan, China, Singapore, Korea, Japan, Germany, France, and Israel.
This position has not been approved for relocation.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here at https://jobs.thermofisher.com/page/show/eeo-affirmative-action-statement#accessibility for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.