Thermo Fisher Scientific Associate Field Application Scientist--Metabolocmis in San Jose, California
This opening is for a dynamic and self-motivating individual to support state-of-the-art LCMS instrumentation as an Associate Application Scientist. As a member of the Thermo Fisher Scientific North America Center of Excellence, the candidate will work within a multi-disciplinary matrix team that includes regional sales representatives, marketing and service professionals, product development scientists, and engineers. Primary responsibilities will be to aid and help customers become more successful with their LCMS Instrumentation in laboratories working on metabolomics applications (including lipidomics and some metabolite ID). Additional responsibilities include technical support for customers, creation of customer facing educational materials and assisting in LC-MS product demonstrations.
• Provide post-sales customer training and application support on LCMS instrumentation in response to customer enquiries, including remote, onsite and possibly internal classroom environments.
• Work with senior members of the Center of Excellence to develop and update educational content for customer training in the form of videos, seminars, training manuals etc.
• Assist in planning and participate in educational or User meeting events.
• Assist in LC-MS product demonstrations showcasing Thermo Fisher Scientific’s state-of-the-art mass spectrometry technology.
• Build new customer advocates from newly completed sales.
• Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology or higher degree.
• 2+ years of hands on LCMS experience with metabolomics LCMS workflows and associated informatics is required
• Experience with Orbitrap instrumentation and Liquid Chromatography is highly desirable.
• This position requires extensive contact with customers and therefore outstanding written and oral communication skills are required.
• The ability to work independently with little supervision and a strong work ethic is critical.
• 2+ years experience with MS degree is preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 75% within North America will be required.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here at https://jobs.thermofisher.com/page/show/eeo-affirmative-action-statement#accessibility for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.