Thermo Fisher Scientific Product Marketing Manager, GC Quadrupole Mass Spectrometry in Milan, Italy
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
Austin, TX / Runcorn, UK / Milan, Italy. Other locations may be considered.
How will you make an impact?
Capitalizing on your deep market knowledge and networking ability will allow you to understand what really enables our current and prospective customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. This understanding, will allow you to provide a central role in key business areas such as marketing strategy, new product development and introduction, as well applications.
What will you do?
The Product Marketing Manager, GC Quadrupole Mass Spectrometry will be responsible for outbound marketing activities for our single and triple quadrupole mass spectrometry business including product positioning, definition of target markets and strategic direction.The person in this role needs to understand market conditions and translate them into product requirements resulting in improved customer satisfaction and increased value generation. Some examples of activities include:
• Collect VOC and Market Trends
Identify, document & communicate why customers buy and how they use specific products. Also provide feedback on new features needed to the product lines and identify, document & communicate market trends to all parts of the organization
• Application Selection and Development – Work with Market Manager and Application Development team to identify key applications that are emerging and important to the product, work with Vertical Markets team members to identify key opinion leaders to develop these applications and maintain the applications funnel.
Create the value proposition for new product introductions and validate with key customers. Create material and deliver training for NPI. Responsible for execution of NPI plan and targets.
• Product Commercialization Support
Assist the commercial channel on sales calls to select customers to generate leads, maintain relationships with key customers to develop them into references on a regional or WW basis and provide point of contact for Key Account Management and create and deliver communications related to solutions/products.
• Market Management
Decide which segments of the market to focus on and develop positioning and supporting material to market complete solutions of our targeted products.
How will you get here?
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in physical or life science, chemistry or engineering discipline, with MS or Ph.D. with emphasis on analytical chemistry or life-science instrumentation and/or MBA or equivalent executive business education preferred.
• Must have 5+ years of hands-on GC-MS experience (Single and triple quadrupole mass spectrometry preferred) and/or experience in delivering products / solutions for GC-MS applications to direct / external customers.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Demonstrated confidence in written, interpersonal and oral communication is essential
• Ability to understand technology and articulate strong customer value/benefit proposition.
• Independent, assertive, self-starter with the ability to work with a diverse and global team.
• Strong computer skills in office applications (e.g., MS Word, MS Excel) and presentation tools (e.g., MS PowerPoint), are critical.
• Ability to travel up to 30% domestically & internationally
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com