Thermo Fisher Scientific Project Manager III (PDS) in Greenville, North Carolina
Job Title: Project Manager
Effective Date /
Last Modification Date: 27JUL17
Directs the customer project(s) and related project team activities in all capacities and serve as the primary
contact for both internal and external customers, working closely with the Business Manager to support new
initiatives and coordinate contract amendments. Serves as project leader for multiple, large volume and/or
complex projects related to specified customer needs and ensure successful product transfers and company
- Provides leadership to assigned staff by performing the following: leading organizational change;
developing and empowering staff; cultivating relationships; putting staff in a position to succeed, meeting
their personal career goals while also achieving organizational goals; building effective teams that apply their
diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals; driving engagement and creating a climate where
staff are motivated to do their best.
- Directs the project(s) and project teams ensuring all necessary activities occur as planned or are negotiated
and agreed to by the customer. Coordinates scheduling of activities to meet customer demands and utilize
expertise and experience to resolve issues. Identifies resource issues and utilize effective
communication/leadership to ensure that satisfactory resolution occurs.
- Maintains close contact with the client representative(s) through meetings, site visits, teleconferences, and
other forums to ensure that issues are addressed and project timeline activities are met. Serves as primary
contact and communication link between Company and customer.
- Meets regularly with project team members and production staff to understand operations and issues as
related to the project(s). Coordinates internal development activities necessary to ensure successful product
- Negotiates project conflicts within the company and with the necessary customer contacts, ensuring
resolutions that are amenable to both parties and/or informing management of potential risks & issues.
- Completes all necessary project activity plans/reports accurately, in detail, and by the necessary time.
Encourages support of Innate Project Management System throughout the project teams to ensure that
necessary revenue and resource commitments are identified.
- Plans for future customer activities and solicit other projects that are aligned with the company goals &
objectives. Informs Marketing of potential revenue increases/losses related to the project and/or customer.
Prepares and presents project updates to executive and steering committees.
Oversees the activities of direct reports and provide opportunities to increase skills and perform other duties
Works in a safe and responsible manner in order to create an injury-free and incident-free workplace.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in either a scientific or production-related field is required.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here at https://jobs.thermofisher.com/page/show/eeo-affirmative-action-statement#accessibility for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.