Thermo Fisher Scientific District Sales Manager - Specialty Diagnostics in Baltimore, Maryland
Job Title: District Sales Manager
Req ID: 80789BR
Group: Specialty Diagnostics Group
Division/Business Unit: Health Care Market Division
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Managing the South East region (Delaware, NC, SC, TN, West Virginia, Washington D.C.) – will require greater than 50% travel
How will you make an impact:
District Sales Manager position will manage multiple HealthCare Division field sales reps in the Southeast Region Area reporting to the Area Director. This position is critical to achieving forecast sales goals and provides integral support component to the HealthCare Division's Goal Tree objectives and strategic sales planning for the calendar year. This position will also support employee development by communicating openly and driving continuous learning for field sales reps.
What will you do:
• Strategic support for larger accounts including sales calls in Hospitals and Laboratory settings.
• Focus overall direction of selling/training initiatives towards strategic selling.
• Assist and coach sales reps to develop, support, and implement customer-specific action plans.
• Support field sales reps on compensation, forecasts and expense plans.
• Provide continuous performance related feed-back to the field sales reps.
• Participate with peers in team and Practical Process Improvement (PPI) projects.
• Perform Skill Assessment of individual representatives in district.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
How will you get there:
Bachelor degree required in Life Science and/or other related field. Minimum 2 plus years experience in sales management
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
• Goal and Objective Management skills
• Customer Relationship Management tool preferred
• Coaching and Leadership skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Pass all required Vendor Credentialing for Hospital / Lab access
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Minimum 50% Air and Vehicle Travel Required
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here at https://jobs.thermofisher.com/page/show/eeo-affirmative-action-statement#accessibility for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.